But it tastes so good…;
Coke is the most valuable brand in history, and “Coca-Cola” is the world’s second-most recognized word after “hello.” While Coca-Cola is world’s most popular drink, it’s virtually the most acidic drink you can legally consume. Why do we love this stuff?
It’s cheaper and easier to buy Coke in some third world countries than it is to access clean water. Coke uses “public relations propaganda” to convince consumers and entire nations that it is an “environmental company” when really it is linked to pollution, water shortages, and disease.
Dr Terri Winn explains that Coca-Cola has a pH value of 2.5, and Pepsi is the only soft drink that is more acidic than nation’s favorite drink. Here is a brief explanation on the issue. Water is a neutral substance, and its pH is 7.
For instance, battery acid has a pH value of 1, and it has quite an destructive effect if consumed. A pH value of 1 means that the substance/liquid is super acidic. This is just an example of the fact that Coca-Cola is pretty close to battery acid in terms of pH values, which isn’t exactly healthy to consume.
Aside from being closer to battery acid than water, soft drinks are commonly associated with respiratory disorders like asthma. Heavy consumption of these drinks causes other chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases as well.
So, if you drink 1-2 cans of soft drink on your way to work or at school, you run at a 26% higher risk of developing diabetes. You also have a 20% higher risk of sudden heart attack and 75% higher risk of developing gout. This does not apply to individuals who consume soft drinks occasionally.
If this is not enough for you to stop drinking Coca-Cola that much, here is some more, and we warn you, that is not something you want to know, especially if you love your bubbly Coke.
7 Industrial Cleaning Uses of Coke
Even though Coca-Cola harms your health in a terrible way, that does not mean it is bad in other aspects. Speaking of cleaning, Coca-Cola is a amazingly effective cleaning agent, probably due to its high acidity. It can do magic when it comes to cleanliness, and its power extends from removing rust to cleaning nasty oil stains.
It may not be the best drink to quench your thirst with, but it sure helps around the house. We give you some useful tips on how to use Coke and get your household in order.
- It is time for your toilet. Pour a can of Coke inside the bowl, let it do its job for a while, then flush.
- Hate those burn pans? So do we. Pour some Coke in your dirty pans, rinse off with water and wipe clean.
- Soak a towel in Coke and rub the paint off your metal furniture. Leave it on the surface of your furniture for a while.
- Need to get that garage clean? Oil drippings and stains look terribly on your garage floor, so consider using Coca-Cola for this one as well. Let it soak into the stain, and wash it off using a hose.
- Soak fabric, a sponge or aluminum foil in Coke to remove any rust.
- Coca-Cola cleans your engine almost instantly.
- It works well on your porcelain, too. Use it to remove any stains from other ceramics as well.